Topiramate Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Topiramate Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Topiramate In other words, topiramate they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Topiramate The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, topiramate and will be very appealing to him/her. Topiramate Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, topiramate antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Topiramate Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, topiramate lethargy, topiramate stumbling and seizures. Topiramate Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Topiramate Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Topiramate Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, topiramate excessive drooling, topiramate and stomach pain. Topiramate If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, topiramate as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Topiramate Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Topiramate Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Topiramate Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, topiramate vomiting, topiramate excessive urination and activity, topiramate and can lead to seizures. Topiramate Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Topiramate Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, topiramate especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Topiramate You are responsible for Puggle care and, topiramate therefore, topiramate need to ensure that fabric softener, topiramate clothing and dish detergent, topiramate bathroom cleaners, topiramate etc. Topiramate are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Topiramate The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, topiramate vomiting, topiramate lethargy, topiramate muscle weakness, topiramate mouth burns, topiramate and even a coma. Topiramate Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Topiramate Excessive drooling, topiramate vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Topiramate Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Topiramate Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, topiramate and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Topiramate Some toxic plants include aloe, topiramate ferns, topiramate lilies and ivy. Topiramate If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, topiramate the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Topiramate Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Topiramate Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Topiramate Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Topiramate However, topiramate if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, topiramate the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Topiramate This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Topiramate A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Topiramate Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Topiramate Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Topiramate If you use moth balls, topiramate get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Topiramate Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Topiramate Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, topiramate leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, topiramate vomiting, topiramate seizures and coma. Topiramate Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Topiramate Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Topiramate Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Topiramate This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Topiramate Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, topiramate lethargy and stomach pain. Topiramate Call your Vet right away.
Topiramate Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Topiramate
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Topiramate Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Topiramate Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, topiramate loss of appetite, topiramate lethargy and vomiting. Topiramate See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Topiramate Keep all batteries in a safe, topiramate secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.