Travo Z

Travo z Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Travo z Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Travo z In other words, travo z they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Travo z The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, travo z and will be very appealing to him/her. Travo z Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, travo z antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Travo z Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, travo z lethargy, travo z stumbling and seizures. Travo z Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Travo z Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Travo z Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, travo z excessive drooling, travo z and stomach pain. Travo z If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, travo z as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Travo z Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Travo z Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Travo z Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, travo z vomiting, travo z excessive urination and activity, travo z and can lead to seizures. Travo z Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Travo z Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, travo z especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Travo z You are responsible for Puggle care and, travo z therefore, travo z need to ensure that fabric softener, travo z clothing and dish detergent, travo z bathroom cleaners, travo z etc. Travo z are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Travo z The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, travo z vomiting, travo z lethargy, travo z muscle weakness, travo z mouth burns, travo z and even a coma. Travo z Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Travo z Excessive drooling, travo z vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Travo z Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Travo z Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, travo z and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Travo z Some toxic plants include aloe, travo z ferns, travo z lilies and ivy. Travo z If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, travo z the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Travo z Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Travo z Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Travo z Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Travo z However, travo z if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, travo z the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Travo z This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Travo z A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Travo z Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Travo z Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Travo z If you use moth balls, travo z get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Travo z Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Travo z Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, travo z leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, travo z vomiting, travo z seizures and coma. Travo z Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Travo z Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Travo z Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Travo z This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Travo z Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, travo z lethargy and stomach pain. Travo z Call your Vet right away.

Travo z Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Travo z

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Travo z Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Travo z Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, travo z loss of appetite, travo z lethargy and vomiting. Travo z See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Travo z Keep all batteries in a safe, travo z secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.