Tredol Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Tredol Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Tredol In other words, tredol they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Tredol The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, tredol and will be very appealing to him/her. Tredol Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, tredol antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Tredol Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, tredol lethargy, tredol stumbling and seizures. Tredol Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Tredol Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Tredol Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, tredol excessive drooling, tredol and stomach pain. Tredol If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, tredol as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Tredol Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Tredol Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Tredol Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, tredol vomiting, tredol excessive urination and activity, tredol and can lead to seizures. Tredol Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Tredol Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, tredol especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Tredol You are responsible for Puggle care and, tredol therefore, tredol need to ensure that fabric softener, tredol clothing and dish detergent, tredol bathroom cleaners, tredol etc. Tredol are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Tredol The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, tredol vomiting, tredol lethargy, tredol muscle weakness, tredol mouth burns, tredol and even a coma. Tredol Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Tredol Excessive drooling, tredol vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Tredol Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Tredol Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, tredol and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Tredol Some toxic plants include aloe, tredol ferns, tredol lilies and ivy. Tredol If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, tredol the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Tredol Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Tredol Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Tredol Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Tredol However, tredol if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, tredol the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Tredol This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Tredol A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Tredol Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Tredol Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Tredol If you use moth balls, tredol get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Tredol Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Tredol Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, tredol leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, tredol vomiting, tredol seizures and coma. Tredol Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Tredol Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Tredol Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Tredol This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Tredol Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, tredol lethargy and stomach pain. Tredol Call your Vet right away.
Tredol Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Tredol
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Tredol Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Tredol Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, tredol loss of appetite, tredol lethargy and vomiting. Tredol See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Tredol Keep all batteries in a safe, tredol secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.