Uriben Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Uriben Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Uriben In other words, uriben they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Uriben The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, uriben and will be very appealing to him/her. Uriben Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, uriben antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Uriben Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, uriben lethargy, uriben stumbling and seizures. Uriben Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Uriben Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Uriben Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, uriben excessive drooling, uriben and stomach pain. Uriben If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, uriben as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Uriben Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Uriben Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Uriben Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, uriben vomiting, uriben excessive urination and activity, uriben and can lead to seizures. Uriben Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Uriben Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, uriben especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Uriben You are responsible for Puggle care and, uriben therefore, uriben need to ensure that fabric softener, uriben clothing and dish detergent, uriben bathroom cleaners, uriben etc. Uriben are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Uriben The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, uriben vomiting, uriben lethargy, uriben muscle weakness, uriben mouth burns, uriben and even a coma. Uriben Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Uriben Excessive drooling, uriben vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Uriben Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Uriben Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, uriben and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Uriben Some toxic plants include aloe, uriben ferns, uriben lilies and ivy. Uriben If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, uriben the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Uriben Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Uriben Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Uriben Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Uriben However, uriben if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, uriben the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Uriben This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Uriben A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Uriben Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Uriben Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Uriben If you use moth balls, uriben get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Uriben Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Uriben Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, uriben leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, uriben vomiting, uriben seizures and coma. Uriben Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Uriben Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Uriben Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Uriben This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Uriben Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, uriben lethargy and stomach pain. Uriben Call your Vet right away.
Uriben Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Uriben
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Uriben Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Uriben Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, uriben loss of appetite, uriben lethargy and vomiting. Uriben See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Uriben Keep all batteries in a safe, uriben secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.