Utin

Utin Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Utin Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Utin In other words, utin they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Utin The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, utin and will be very appealing to him/her. Utin Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, utin antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Utin Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, utin lethargy, utin stumbling and seizures. Utin Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Utin Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Utin Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, utin excessive drooling, utin and stomach pain. Utin If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, utin as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Utin Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Utin Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Utin Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, utin vomiting, utin excessive urination and activity, utin and can lead to seizures. Utin Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Utin Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, utin especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Utin You are responsible for Puggle care and, utin therefore, utin need to ensure that fabric softener, utin clothing and dish detergent, utin bathroom cleaners, utin etc. Utin are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Utin The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, utin vomiting, utin lethargy, utin muscle weakness, utin mouth burns, utin and even a coma. Utin Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Utin Excessive drooling, utin vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Utin Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Utin Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, utin and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Utin Some toxic plants include aloe, utin ferns, utin lilies and ivy. Utin If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, utin the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Utin Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Utin Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Utin Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Utin However, utin if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, utin the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Utin This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Utin A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Utin Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Utin Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Utin If you use moth balls, utin get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Utin Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Utin Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, utin leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, utin vomiting, utin seizures and coma. Utin Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Utin Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Utin Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Utin This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Utin Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, utin lethargy and stomach pain. Utin Call your Vet right away.

Utin Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Utin

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Utin Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Utin Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, utin loss of appetite, utin lethargy and vomiting. Utin See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Utin Keep all batteries in a safe, utin secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.