Valaciclovir Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Valaciclovir Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Valaciclovir In other words, valaciclovir they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Valaciclovir The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, valaciclovir and will be very appealing to him/her. Valaciclovir Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, valaciclovir antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Valaciclovir Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, valaciclovir lethargy, valaciclovir stumbling and seizures. Valaciclovir Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Valaciclovir Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Valaciclovir Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, valaciclovir excessive drooling, valaciclovir and stomach pain. Valaciclovir If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, valaciclovir as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Valaciclovir Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Valaciclovir Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Valaciclovir Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, valaciclovir vomiting, valaciclovir excessive urination and activity, valaciclovir and can lead to seizures. Valaciclovir Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Valaciclovir Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, valaciclovir especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Valaciclovir You are responsible for Puggle care and, valaciclovir therefore, valaciclovir need to ensure that fabric softener, valaciclovir clothing and dish detergent, valaciclovir bathroom cleaners, valaciclovir etc. Valaciclovir are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Valaciclovir The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, valaciclovir vomiting, valaciclovir lethargy, valaciclovir muscle weakness, valaciclovir mouth burns, valaciclovir and even a coma. Valaciclovir Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Valaciclovir Excessive drooling, valaciclovir vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Valaciclovir Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Valaciclovir Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, valaciclovir and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Valaciclovir Some toxic plants include aloe, valaciclovir ferns, valaciclovir lilies and ivy. Valaciclovir If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, valaciclovir the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Valaciclovir Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Valaciclovir Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Valaciclovir Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Valaciclovir However, valaciclovir if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, valaciclovir the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Valaciclovir This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Valaciclovir A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Valaciclovir Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Valaciclovir Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Valaciclovir If you use moth balls, valaciclovir get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Valaciclovir Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Valaciclovir Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, valaciclovir leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, valaciclovir vomiting, valaciclovir seizures and coma. Valaciclovir Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Valaciclovir Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Valaciclovir Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Valaciclovir This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Valaciclovir Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, valaciclovir lethargy and stomach pain. Valaciclovir Call your Vet right away.
Valaciclovir Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Valaciclovir
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Valaciclovir Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Valaciclovir Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, valaciclovir loss of appetite, valaciclovir lethargy and vomiting. Valaciclovir See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Valaciclovir Keep all batteries in a safe, valaciclovir secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.