Vancocin Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Vancocin Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Vancocin In other words, vancocin they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Vancocin The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, vancocin and will be very appealing to him/her. Vancocin Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, vancocin antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Vancocin Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, vancocin lethargy, vancocin stumbling and seizures. Vancocin Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Vancocin Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Vancocin Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, vancocin excessive drooling, vancocin and stomach pain. Vancocin If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, vancocin as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Vancocin Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Vancocin Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Vancocin Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, vancocin vomiting, vancocin excessive urination and activity, vancocin and can lead to seizures. Vancocin Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Vancocin Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, vancocin especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Vancocin You are responsible for Puggle care and, vancocin therefore, vancocin need to ensure that fabric softener, vancocin clothing and dish detergent, vancocin bathroom cleaners, vancocin etc. Vancocin are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Vancocin The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, vancocin vomiting, vancocin lethargy, vancocin muscle weakness, vancocin mouth burns, vancocin and even a coma. Vancocin Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Vancocin Excessive drooling, vancocin vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Vancocin Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Vancocin Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, vancocin and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Vancocin Some toxic plants include aloe, vancocin ferns, vancocin lilies and ivy. Vancocin If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, vancocin the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Vancocin Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Vancocin Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Vancocin Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Vancocin However, vancocin if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, vancocin the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Vancocin This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Vancocin A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Vancocin Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Vancocin Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Vancocin If you use moth balls, vancocin get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Vancocin Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Vancocin Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, vancocin leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, vancocin vomiting, vancocin seizures and coma. Vancocin Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Vancocin Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Vancocin Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Vancocin This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Vancocin Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, vancocin lethargy and stomach pain. Vancocin Call your Vet right away.
Vancocin Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Vancocin
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Vancocin Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Vancocin Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, vancocin loss of appetite, vancocin lethargy and vomiting. Vancocin See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Vancocin Keep all batteries in a safe, vancocin secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.