Veega Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Veega Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Veega In other words, veega they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Veega The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, veega and will be very appealing to him/her. Veega Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, veega antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Veega Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, veega lethargy, veega stumbling and seizures. Veega Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Veega Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Veega Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, veega excessive drooling, veega and stomach pain. Veega If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, veega as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Veega Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Veega Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Veega Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, veega vomiting, veega excessive urination and activity, veega and can lead to seizures. Veega Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Veega Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, veega especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Veega You are responsible for Puggle care and, veega therefore, veega need to ensure that fabric softener, veega clothing and dish detergent, veega bathroom cleaners, veega etc. Veega are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Veega The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, veega vomiting, veega lethargy, veega muscle weakness, veega mouth burns, veega and even a coma. Veega Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Veega Excessive drooling, veega vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Veega Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Veega Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, veega and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Veega Some toxic plants include aloe, veega ferns, veega lilies and ivy. Veega If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, veega the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Veega Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Veega Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Veega Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Veega However, veega if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, veega the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Veega This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Veega A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Veega Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Veega Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Veega If you use moth balls, veega get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Veega Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Veega Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, veega leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, veega vomiting, veega seizures and coma. Veega Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Veega Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Veega Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Veega This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Veega Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, veega lethargy and stomach pain. Veega Call your Vet right away.
Veega Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Veega
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Veega Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Veega Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, veega loss of appetite, veega lethargy and vomiting. Veega See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Veega Keep all batteries in a safe, veega secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.