Viani Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Viani Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Viani In other words, viani they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Viani The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, viani and will be very appealing to him/her. Viani Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, viani antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Viani Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, viani lethargy, viani stumbling and seizures. Viani Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Viani Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Viani Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, viani excessive drooling, viani and stomach pain. Viani If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, viani as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Viani Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Viani Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Viani Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, viani vomiting, viani excessive urination and activity, viani and can lead to seizures. Viani Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Viani Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, viani especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Viani You are responsible for Puggle care and, viani therefore, viani need to ensure that fabric softener, viani clothing and dish detergent, viani bathroom cleaners, viani etc. Viani are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Viani The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, viani vomiting, viani lethargy, viani muscle weakness, viani mouth burns, viani and even a coma. Viani Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Viani Excessive drooling, viani vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Viani Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Viani Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, viani and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Viani Some toxic plants include aloe, viani ferns, viani lilies and ivy. Viani If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, viani the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Viani Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Viani Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Viani Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Viani However, viani if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, viani the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Viani This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Viani A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Viani Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Viani Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Viani If you use moth balls, viani get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Viani Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Viani Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, viani leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, viani vomiting, viani seizures and coma. Viani Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Viani Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Viani Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Viani This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Viani Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, viani lethargy and stomach pain. Viani Call your Vet right away.
Viani Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Viani
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Viani Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Viani Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, viani loss of appetite, viani lethargy and vomiting. Viani See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Viani Keep all batteries in a safe, viani secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.