Vitomanhills Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Vitomanhills Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Vitomanhills In other words, vitomanhills they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Vitomanhills The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, vitomanhills and will be very appealing to him/her. Vitomanhills Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, vitomanhills antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Vitomanhills Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, vitomanhills lethargy, vitomanhills stumbling and seizures. Vitomanhills Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Vitomanhills Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Vitomanhills Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, vitomanhills excessive drooling, vitomanhills and stomach pain. Vitomanhills If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, vitomanhills as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Vitomanhills Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Vitomanhills Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Vitomanhills Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, vitomanhills vomiting, vitomanhills excessive urination and activity, vitomanhills and can lead to seizures. Vitomanhills Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Vitomanhills Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, vitomanhills especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Vitomanhills You are responsible for Puggle care and, vitomanhills therefore, vitomanhills need to ensure that fabric softener, vitomanhills clothing and dish detergent, vitomanhills bathroom cleaners, vitomanhills etc. Vitomanhills are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Vitomanhills The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, vitomanhills vomiting, vitomanhills lethargy, vitomanhills muscle weakness, vitomanhills mouth burns, vitomanhills and even a coma. Vitomanhills Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Vitomanhills Excessive drooling, vitomanhills vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Vitomanhills Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Vitomanhills Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, vitomanhills and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Vitomanhills Some toxic plants include aloe, vitomanhills ferns, vitomanhills lilies and ivy. Vitomanhills If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, vitomanhills the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Vitomanhills Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Vitomanhills Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Vitomanhills Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Vitomanhills However, vitomanhills if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, vitomanhills the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Vitomanhills This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Vitomanhills A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Vitomanhills Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Vitomanhills Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Vitomanhills If you use moth balls, vitomanhills get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Vitomanhills Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Vitomanhills Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, vitomanhills leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, vitomanhills vomiting, vitomanhills seizures and coma. Vitomanhills Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Vitomanhills Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Vitomanhills Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Vitomanhills This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Vitomanhills Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, vitomanhills lethargy and stomach pain. Vitomanhills Call your Vet right away.

Vitomanhills Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Vitomanhills

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Vitomanhills Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Vitomanhills Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, vitomanhills loss of appetite, vitomanhills lethargy and vomiting. Vitomanhills See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Vitomanhills Keep all batteries in a safe, vitomanhills secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.