Vytorin Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Vytorin Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Vytorin In other words, vytorin they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Vytorin The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, vytorin and will be very appealing to him/her. Vytorin Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, vytorin antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Vytorin Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, vytorin lethargy, vytorin stumbling and seizures. Vytorin Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Vytorin Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Vytorin Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, vytorin excessive drooling, vytorin and stomach pain. Vytorin If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, vytorin as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Vytorin Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Vytorin Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Vytorin Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, vytorin vomiting, vytorin excessive urination and activity, vytorin and can lead to seizures. Vytorin Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Vytorin Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, vytorin especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Vytorin You are responsible for Puggle care and, vytorin therefore, vytorin need to ensure that fabric softener, vytorin clothing and dish detergent, vytorin bathroom cleaners, vytorin etc. Vytorin are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Vytorin The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, vytorin vomiting, vytorin lethargy, vytorin muscle weakness, vytorin mouth burns, vytorin and even a coma. Vytorin Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Vytorin Excessive drooling, vytorin vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Vytorin Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Vytorin Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, vytorin and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Vytorin Some toxic plants include aloe, vytorin ferns, vytorin lilies and ivy. Vytorin If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, vytorin the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Vytorin Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Vytorin Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Vytorin Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Vytorin However, vytorin if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, vytorin the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Vytorin This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Vytorin A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Vytorin Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Vytorin Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Vytorin If you use moth balls, vytorin get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Vytorin Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Vytorin Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, vytorin leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, vytorin vomiting, vytorin seizures and coma. Vytorin Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Vytorin Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Vytorin Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Vytorin This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Vytorin Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, vytorin lethargy and stomach pain. Vytorin Call your Vet right away.
Vytorin Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Vytorin
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Vytorin Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Vytorin Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, vytorin loss of appetite, vytorin lethargy and vomiting. Vytorin See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Vytorin Keep all batteries in a safe, vytorin secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.